Help a child in need love to read!
Ruth's Fundraising Page A Project of Read to a Child
There's no more precious gift that we can give a child than to introduce them to reading. It opens up their world to new places, people, and experiences, and sparks their curiosity and imagination.
That's why I am honored to volunteer for Read to a Child, an organization that inspires caring adults to read aloud to children and help create better opportunities for the future. In its flagship lunchtime reading program, Read to a Child pairs students who are struggling with reading with an adult volunteer mentor to read aloud weekly, boosting the child's literacy skills, self-confidence, and enthusiasm for reading.
It is my goal to raise $5,000 in the month of March to help Read to a Child reach their fundraising goal of $100,000 to provide 6,000 individualized reading sessions for underserved children across the country. 80% of 4th graders from low-income families are not proficient in reading. As a part of the lunchtime reading program, these children will be given the opportunity to succeed through increased literacy and socio-emotional skills. Help us make a difference in the lives of these children, and give them a chance to succeed in both reading and in life!
- $25 can get a series of chapter books into a child's hands
- $50 can provide screening and training of a volunteer
- $100 can sponsor a year-end celebration and certificates for the children in the program
- $250 can provide a school with new books customized to children's interests and teacher requests
- $500 can sponsor a child in Read to a Child's lunchtime reading program for a whole year!
- and... $2,000 can sponsor a child in the program from first to fourth grade - this builds a powerful mentoring relationship that can be transformative for a child!
We are no longer accepting donations on this campaign, but there are other ways for you to support us today!
Supported by 8 Donations:
I Gave $50
I Gave $501Great cause! Margie, Sam and I are happy to be a little more supportive than Amy. ;)
Ruth, I'm so inspired by your constant ability and willingness to do good in the world. Thank you for paying it forward.
I Gave $250What a great idea, we're happy to support you.
I Gave $500Weil Family supports Grandma
What a great cause!
I Gave $500Something to kick off this important campaign!