The greatest threats to our democracy are ignorance, poverty, & crime. If we attack ignorance via strong education programs, then we can solve poverty & crime. Teach our children to read, then we reduce ignorance - reading = literacy & numeracy.
Read to a Child addresses one of America’s greatest education challenges - Getting students to read at grade level by 3rd grade which is one of the major indicators of whether a student will graduate from high school & ultimately succeed in life.
Reading Empowers our Children to Succeed A Project of Read to a Child
Read to a Child's flagship Lunchtime Reading Program utilizes 1,500 volunteers from more than 100 corporations nationwide who read aloud to 1,200 at-risk elementary school students, Our results are impressive. 88% of our students improve in overall reading ability, vocabulary, listening comprehension, ability to articulate thoughts, self confidence, and enthusiasm for reading books.
- $25 can get a series of chapter books into a child's hands
- $50 can provide screening and training of a volunteer
- $100 can sponsor a year-end celebration and certificates for the children in the program
- $250 can provide a school with new books customized to children's interests and teacher requests
- $500 can sponsor a child in Read to a Child's lunchtime reading program for a whole year!
SAVE OUR CHILDREN & OUR FUTURE. DONATE TODAY.