Help reverse the literacy crisis in the US!
Donate to Read to a Child during March (National Reading Month)
Paul's Page to Help Kids in Need Love to Read! A Project of Read to a Child
Imagine where you would be if you were not able to read well!
For me, reading proficiently has been critical to my success. And for that, I thank my parents! I remember my parents reading aloud to us from when I was very young. This helped spark my imagination, helped me learn to read from a very young age, and ultimately led to my love of reading.
Unfortunately, millions of under-served children across the country don't receive this gift at home and are significantly behind more affluent peers when they reach elementary school. 80% of low-income students in the U.S. are not proficient readers by 4th grade and more than 25% of these struggling readers won't graduate from high school. This is a huge crisis in our country and you can help.
By donating any amount, you can help Read to a Child in its mission to enable more children to develop a love of reading and help reverse the alarming cycles of illiteracy, incarceration and poverty in the US!
A donation today can help in the following ways
- $25 can get a series of chapter books into a child's hands
- $50 can provide screening and training of a volunteer
- $100 can sponsor a year-end celebration and certificates for the children in the program
- $250 can provide new books customized to children's interests and teacher requests
- $500 can sponsor a child in Read to a Child's Lunchtime Reading Program for a year!
- $1,000 or above will automatically add you to the "Seuss Circle" Leadership Giving Level
- $2,000 can sponsor a child for all four years of the program (from 1st to 4th grade)!