Help Kids in Need Love to Read!
Beth's Fundraising Page! A Project of Read to a Child
Imagine how different your life would be if you were not able to read, or read well, or simply hated reading/books.
Imagine how different your life would be if you didn't have caring, dependable mentors in your life.
Unfortunately, millions of under-served children across the country don't have to imagine these scenarios at all - they live them everyday. 80% of low-income students in the U.S. are not proficient readers by 4th grade and more than 25% of these struggling readers won't graduate from high school. This is a huge crisis in our country and we can help.
Read to a Child's Lunchtime Reading Program brings together the power of mentoring with the power of reading aloud to improve outcomes for these children.
You can help by donating to Read to a Child (many of you already have - thank you, thank you, thank you!), reading to a child, or helping to spread the word. A donation today can help in the following ways:
- $25 can get a series of chapter books onto a book cart to be read by multiple reading pairs
- $50 can provide screening and training of a volunteer
- $100 can sponsor a year-end celebration and certificates for the children in the program
- $250 can provide new books customized to children's interests and teacher requests
- $500 can sponsor a child in Read to a Child's Lunchtime Reading Program for a year!
There are so many worthy, wonderful causes/ places that need and would benefit from our support. Those of you interested in supporting literacy/mentoring for young under-served children, then please know that Read to a Child is a wonderful, efficient organization close to my heart.
Thanks for visiting my page! Beth
ps. The above books are favorites from the kids in my life that I have read many many books to!