Help Kids in Need Love to Read!
Jane Marie's Fundraising Page A Project of Read to a Child
As many of you know, I am the board chair of Read to a Child in Miami and I am excited to be helping in their efforts to raise $100,000 during National Reading Month in March to support 6,000 individualized reading sessions for at-risk elementary school children across the U.S. Currently, 80% of 4th graders from low-income families are not proficient in reading and more than 1/4 of these children won't graduate from high school!
Read to a Child, www.readtoachild.org, is a national nonprofit literacy and mentoring organization that inspires caring adults to read aloud regularly to at-risk children to create better opportunities for the child's future. Research shows that reading aloud to children is the single most important activity for eventual success in reading, a key factor for success in school, work, and life.When an adult reads aloud to a child, both parties have a joyful, rewarding experience that instills a love of reading, improves literacy skills, and enhances a child's self-confidence.
In Read to a Child's Lunchtime Reading Program, an adult is partnered one-on-one with an at-risk elementary school student for a rewarding read aloud experience during the child's lunch break. The relationship typically lasts for the entire school year and often extends for multiple years through the end of fourth grade. The simple act of reading aloud to a child once a week, over time, can have a profound impact on the child's future.
- $25 can get a series of chapter books into a child's hands
- $50 can provide screening and training of a volunteer
- $100 can sponsor a year-end celebration and certificates for the children in the program
- $250 can provide a school with new books customized to children's interests and teacher requests
- $500 can sponsor a child in Read to a Child's lunchtime reading program for a whole year!
- $1,000 or above will automatically add individuals, families and family foundations to the "Seuss Circle" Leadership Giving Level and can support a child for two years!
- $2,000 can also sponsor a child from first to fourth grade, building a powerful mentoring relationship that can be transformative!
- $5,000 can also sponsor 10 at-risk children for a year and will add you to the Champion Sponsorship Level!
- $10,000 can sponsor 20 at-risk children for a year and will also add you to the Visionary Sponsor Level of the Campaign and Major Supporter Level for Read to a Child. Individuals, families and family foundations will also be added to the "Caldecott Circle" Leadership Giving Level!
Supported by 6 Donations:
Excellent cause, Jane Marie! So glad you do such good work with them.
AnonymousI Gave $100